Thursday, August 11, 2011

PayPal Postage

PayPal Shipping Hack
However, PayPal's way of limiting postage recipients is not foolproof. I read about this hack in the FatWallet Forums.There is a way of circumventing that "whitelist." The URL of the PayPal postage page is a long complex string composed of a "cmd," "info," "return," and "whence" variable. The only thing I understand from that is the "cmd". With this variable, I assume that PayPal communicates between views the general page of what we are supposed to see. Any additional variables would just be specifics to make the page more meaningful. For example, if you go to "My Account." There is one variable, "cmd." Its value is "_account."

Suppose we take the URL string for the postage field and only transmit the "cmd" variable. The URL will look like this:

CODE:
  1. https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ship-now

Just copy and paste this URL in the address bar. Sometimes, Paypal will first prompt your for your login information. When you finally visit the postage page, you are greeted with form where you can specify the recipient. Here's a before and after of this mini hack.

No comments:

Post a Comment